Divorce Financial Planning
Divorce can be an emotionally difficult and complicated time, taking a toll on spouses, children, and family members. However, one of the most challenging parts of divorce is navigating the financial implications. Divorce has the potential to damage the finances of both parties, whether it is through tax consequences, asset division complications, long-term investment problems, or more.
Lynn Financial, LLC is dedicated to helping you navigate the complex financial world of divorce, no matter where you are at in the divorce process. Let us show you why hiring a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® professional on our team is important for your short and long-term success.
Mistakes Made During Divorce
There are many false assumptions and errors that pertain to the financial aspects of divorce:
- Negotiating to retain the marital home when the client cannot afford it.
- Believing that a 50/50 division of property is an equitable division of property.
- Improperly structuring spousal or child support payments.
- Not protecting spousal and child support payments through life insurance.
- Not understanding how to divide debt.
- Not looking at the long-term impact of a financial settlement.
These mistakes are just a drop in the ocean—there are additional financial oversights which can compromize both your short and long-term financial stability and success.
Why Choose Lynn Financial, LLC?
As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® professional, I blend the ideologies of a financial planner and a CPA to help create a transparent and equitable financial solution to divorce. I work closely with the client and their attorney at any point in the divorce process with these types of issues:
- Personal vs. marital property
- Valuing and dividing property
- Retirement assets and pensions
- Spousal and child support
- Splitting the house
- Tax problems and solutions
- Expert witness testimony in divorce court
- Tax law and financial issues affecting divorce
There is no better way to combat tax over payment than with extensive knowledge on the subject:
- "Eventually, you will want to consider how your house, 401k account, checking account, household goods, etc. will be passed on to your family. As a CEP® (Certified Estate Planner®), I also help my clients with estate planning."
- "Are you confident that your children from a previous marriage will be treated the same way as the children you have with your new spouse?"
- "Are you concerned that one child may hold a grudge when they find out how the assets are split?"
- "I can help educate you on estate planning solutions in blended family situations."
With Lynn Financial, LLC, you are not only working with a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® professional, you are teaming up with people who are passionate about your financial stability, growth, and success. Divorce is a difficult time. Let us make the financial elements easier for you to navigate.
Schedule a personal consultation today.